Clinic Twentyone is pleased to offer women treatments to enhance and improve ageing lips that have lost their volume and contour.
Who is lip enhancement for?
Lip enhancement is designed for women looking to rejuvenate their facial appearance. If you’ve been wondering how to restore a more youthful appearance to your lips you’ll find the answer at Clinic Twentyone. Our team of medical experts and meticulously trained nurse injectors specialise in lip enhancement.
The best non-surgical treatment for ageing lips
Ageing can cause lips to become thinner and lose volume. It can flatten out the Cupid’s bow that makes the upper lip distinctive and shapely. The culprit is the loss of collagen and the solution is dermal fillers.
Think of collagen as the stuffing in your mattress. Night after night of tossing and turning flattens it out. At first, the mattress bounces back but reaches a point where it has simply lost its oomph and will never get it back.
The same is true for your lips.
Fortunately, the experts at Clinic Twentyone know how to correct the loss of lip volume. The key is creating a natural shape and contour rather than simply filling up the lip without providing definition. Our injectors carefully place fillers in the middle of the lip – between what is called the ‘wet-dry border’ (where your lips go from being moist to dry) and the ‘vermillion border,’ the line where the red of your lip stops and normal coloured skin begins. The results are natural looking and youthful.
Benefits of lip enhancement
Any woman dissatisfied with the way her lips look in proportion to her face will likely benefit from lip enhancement. Good health and realistic expectations are the two main criteria for professional lip enhancement treatments at our practice.
- Improve the border of the lip
- Add volume to the lip
- Turn up the corners of the mouth
- Fill and reduce the appearance of lip lines
- Repair aesthetic damage or defects due to injury or genetics
- Give you a lovely mouth that begs for a kiss!
Reasons patients prefer dermal fillers for lip enhancement
Dermal filler treatments get thumbs up from patients at our practice because they:
- Are performed in-office
- Require no sedation (topical anaesthetic is generally sufficient)
- Can be completed in 30-60 minutes
- Provide lip enhancement that lasts from 6 months to a year.
Reasons your lips may be ageing your face
Simple lifestyle activities contribute tremendously to lips ageing before their time. Years of speaking, eating, whistling, and other lip-centric activities take their toll on the collagen in your lips, which breaks down, never to be restored without some assistance. The sun and the damage it can do to skin, as well as smoking, are all proven sources of lines in the lips.
As time goes on, things happen to lips that affect their appearance and age your face:
- Loss of volume and body – Lips thin out and lose their youthful plumpness.
- Loss of philtral columns – The two parallel lines of tissue between your nose and upper lip are the philtral columns of your face. They are responsible for giving your upper lip its distinctive M-shape or Cupid’s bow. These columns begin to break down as we enter our 30’s and 40’s, causing the upper lip to become flat across the top.
- Appearance of horizontal lines – The loss of volume and the breakdown of tissue near the nose that supports the upper lip creates lines around the lips. Though they are often referred to as ‘smoker’s lines’ because they are a common problem for smokers, they can appear on the lips of non-smokers, too.
- Loss of volume in the sides of the chin – The same loss of volume that results in deep marionette lines around the mouth also leads to a loss of support to the outside corners of the mouth. This can cause the lips to turn down like a sad clown.
The good news is that all these things can be corrected with the help of the anti-aging experts at our practice.